Angels, Behavioral Science, Christianity, Culture, Education, Faith, History, International Religious Practices, Malach Adonai, Negro Theorist Tres Mali Scott, Paranormal Psychiatry (PNP), Paranormal Psychology (PNP), Paranormal Sociology (PNS), Paranromal Criminology (PNC), Parapsychology, Psychic Ability, Psychical Research, Religion, Science, Theorist Tres Mali Scott
- Angels (Klien, 2002)
+The Christian angelic hierarchy describes three (3) spheres:
- First Sphere (liberated)——-Seraphim*Cherubim*Ophanim (Thrones/Wheels)
- Second Sphere (active)——-Thrones*Dominions*Principalities
- Third Sphere (active)——-Powers*Archangels*Angels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel)
The Holy Biblical name for angel is “mal’ach”. “Mal’ach” can mean any sort of messager. Angels are referred to as “holy ones” Zachariah 14:5. “Mal’ach Adonai (Divine King)- Angel of the Lord, Angel of distinghished Rank, Son of God Second person of the Trinity, Deity of Jesus Christ.
Archangels most frequently written about and known are:
- Michael-Daniel 10:13
- Gabriel-Daniel 8:16
- Raphael-Tobit 12:15(The Book of Tobit is not accepted into Jewish or Protestant canon).
Zoroastrianism,is considered occult and is closest to the belief system of Christianity, with a Savior type figure. Secular scholars state that Zoroastrianism introduced “angelology” and “demonology” and the fallen angel Satan as the ultimate agent of evil. The Zoroastrianism angels are:
- Fravashi- animal like patrons of human beings and other creatures and guardian angels.
- Amesha Spentas-animal like beings regarded as angels but do not send messages, became personalized and associated with diverse aspects of the divine creation.
Jewish interpretations of angel:
- “‘Elohim” (powers)
- “bnei Elim” (sons of gods)
- Judges (beings with great powers)
- hosts-Adonai Tzevaot-Lord of Hosts
Islamic beliefs from the Qur’an refers to angels as:
- Malaaikah (Qur’an)
- Four Archangels 1. Jibril(Gabriel, Daniel 8:16) , 2. Mikail, 3. Israfil, 4. Izrail
- Two Recording Angels Kiram al-Katibin (Right-Good Deeds, Left-Transgresssions)
- Ministers of God
- Agents of Revelation
- Chief of all Angels
- Created from Divine Light
Buddhist belief about angels:
- Evolving to become an Angel is by conscious work
Latter-Day Saint beliefs about angels:
- Those that are spirits
Putto (pl. Putti)-is a human baby angel looking being often naked and having wings. It is sometimes confused with cherubs, cherubs have four (4) wings, putto have two (2) wings.
Putti, cupids, and angels are usually religious symbols associated with peace, prosperity, mirth, and leisure.
- The Angelic Hierarchy-Divine Forces (3-Hierarchies, 9-Choirs)
- The Archangels
- The Angel Groups
- The Lower Angel Forces http://www.paganpaths.com/meta/angels.htm
Klein, Peter (2000). The Catholic Source Book. Brown-ROA. Orlando, Florida.
Scott-Christian, Tres M. (2007). Angels Do Speak! TMSC Consulting Services, LLC Publishing Division. Beverly Hills, California.